Friday, April 1, 2011

And so the Seinfeld marathon is over and I'm left feeling empty...

Nine Things I learnt from Seinfeld:
- it was a very dark time when high waisted jeans on men were popular
- it is really fun to imitate the Seinfeld song by smacking your lips
- there is something oddly hot about Jerry Seinfeld circa 1989
- removing canned laughter from Tv sitcoms was a positive development in modern comedy
- slapstick comedy is not funny. Yes Kramer, I'm looking at you
- I'm definitely Generation Y. I do not really care about the mundane comings and goings of your life. I stand in my own queues and I am not overly interested in watching you do the same. Show me something SHINY!
- lock your doors: front door policy should not be so laissez-faire. Doors were invented to keep your neighbours out
- I am happy the Euromullet is now facing extinction
- Seinfeld is not a quotable show. People will not laugh when you recall a scene from Seinfeld.


I have to say, considering I could never bear to sit through a single episode while it was on TV, it was on the whole a fairly enjoyable experience. I can fully understand the appreciate what Seinfeld is about, although I probably won't be buying any more of it to watch on dvd, nor will I probably ever sit down and watch the box set again. But I will miss tucking in to bed and having a reliable episode waiting for me at the end of a hard day!



No comments:

Post a Comment